Friday 20 April 2012

Flame Off 2012

Well, what can I say, it's taken me a while to get back to normal after Flame Off. I had such a good time, met lots of lovely glassy people, put faces to the names of people I had corresponded with on Frit Happens and spent oodles of money on glass, tools and other bits and pieces.


This is some of the glass that I bought at the show, plus I bought some from someone selling their stash which isn't shown here. It was so nice to see the glass instead of looking at it on a computer screen. It took me 2 days to wash, label and put away.

This is Bev from Pegasus Bead Rollers. I took her photo because I was impressed with her bead displays which was ever so simple and thought might come in handy one day. Of course I couldn't pass up her stall without purchasing a bead roller or 4! I just couldn't resist, they were on a show offer and of course I would be saving on postage.... at least that what I keep telling myself! Again it's so much nicer to be able to see them in person.

These are the four I bought:


From left to right. The Oval 8, Disc 8, Cylinder combo and the Ornate and Bicone Ribbed.

I already own these two:
The Round 8 and Donut 8. As I am a bit anal about getting my beads consistant in size, I find these beadrollers invaluable and can't wait to have a play.


Flame Off 2012 - 0673

This is Christina from Frit'n'glass she was very kind in getting some presses that I wanted from Bavarian Beads. By doing a combined order from other Frit Happens members we saved on postage and as Christina lives in Europe we saved even more. (She used to be a model, can you tell?).

These are the presses she got for me:
 This on is the Bavarian 3D Female XL. This is the picture on the website, it looks like it will make a lovely goddess bead.



I used the press on the left when I attended the "By George It's Lush" workshop. Here is a link to the blog post. The heart is the purple one that was made into a fibula.

A friend recommended the frit that Christina sells and she has some sample packs on special offer so I bought some


They look lovely, and can't wait to try them.

I also bought a tab press but I can't for the life of me remember who I bought it from. It's a tab press.

There's lots more bits and pieces I will add when I have time.

The photo of Christina was posted with the permission of Dickie Doodie, you can see his photos of the Flame Off here http://www.flickr.com/photos/dickie-d/collections/72157629817859225/

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...