Wednesday 9 May 2012

Weekend workshop at Diana Easts

It's taken me a while to catch up after my weekend away as my printing work seems to be particularly busy at the moment - lots of spring babies.

Saturday was "Cool Reactions" at Diana East's studio in Leicester.

This is Di demonstating:


Di showed us lots of reactions between glasses some of which are examples below.






I didn't have much of a play but this bead was one I was reasonably happy with.



Sunday was Blossoms, Bottles and Blown Baubles with Sally Carver.

This is Sally, well the side of her head anyway.


Sally started with showing us how to make her gorgeous blossom beads.

Redhotsal-BlossomingOut
I struggled with these despite having successfully made them before so I won't bother showing you my attempts.

You can buy her tutorial on how to make these beads here: Blossom Implosion Beads

Next up was baubles.

 I have to say I didn't attempt to make one of these, one day maybe.....

...and lastly vessels.

Now this I did have a go at, and I was so pleased with the results, this was my first attempt.


Sally also has a tutorial on how to make these: Simple Hollow Glass Vessels

As I couldn't come to the recent skulptural class that Sally held I asked her if she would show me how to do a fishy.

Here it is, isn't it great? and not a mandrel in sight.

Sally bought some of her beads to show us and everyone raved over these.

so a promptu demonstration ensued.


Checking out Sally's Flickr album I spotted these, aren't they stunning?

Redhotsal_Coral

A great time was had by all and I can't wait until the next time I can get on the torch to have a play.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...