Wednesday 2 May 2012

Homemade light box

I'm taking the photos of my beads in my conservatory as this is the lightest place in my house. Unfortunately I end up with a reflection of the windows in the beads. A while ago I saw a light tent that I thought would solve the problem, unfortunately I can't find a picture of it on the internet to show you but I do remember it as being very expensive for what it was.

So I had the idea of making my own. Using an opaque folder (of which I had a photo but can't find it now) I made this.




Apologies for the photo's I couldn't be bothered to find a space to take the photos.

I used catgut to sew it together as for some reason selotape wouldn't stick. I use another folder to cover the gap up to the photo so that reflections stop from behind the camera as well.

It seems to work quite well and only cost me £1.99. I think I may cut some of the bottom out so that I can just slot it over the beads which would make life easier.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...