Saturday 5 January 2013

Craft Pimp January Challenge 'Out of my comfort zone'

Those of you who follow my blog will know that I hardly ever use twisties in my beads. So when the January Challenge on Craft Pimp came up as 'Out of your comfort zone' I knew just what I had to do.

So my challenge to myself is to create twisties, wigwags and murrini a and apply them to beads. To keep things simple I have decided to just use black and white (with a bit of clear) and to eventually make a set of beads.

To start with I made some twisties and then some simple murrini. It's good to practice these things and I'm learning as I go.

Back in June 2012 I attended a workshop with Astrid Reidal and she showed us how to make a wigwag and apply it to a bead. This was the bead I made with my wigwag:

The wigwag started out with lots of colours in it but because it had EDP (there's a reason why it's called Evil Devitrifying Purple), they all disappeared. However I quite liked the effect it created.

I've always wanted to re-create a bead with this element so when I made a murrini that came out quite well I turned into a wigwag. I made some beads I that came out quite well except because there was black underneath the white unfortunately it showed through a bit.


I made a second wigwag, this time just with a white centre and then made this bead.

I'm very pleased with the way this came out and it's now up for sale in my Etsy store.

Thanks for looking.

Linda
x


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...