Monday 12 November 2012

PMC and Enammelling course at The Quay Arts Centre

This weekend I attended a Silver PMC and Enamelling course at The Quay Arts Centre in Newport on the Isle of Wight. The course teacher was Melanie Swan and I loved her relaxed teaching style. Fortunately for us there were only 3 on the course which meant we each had more of Melanies time and didn't feel at all pressured.

Silver PMC is very expensive and rather than dig in and immediately start working with it, we practised with Playdo, which was a great way to plan what you are going to do without ruining your clay as it dries out very quickly.

This is what I made. A matching pendant and earrings with a textured design on the front and enamelled on the back.

Front and back shots.


 
I had a great time experimenting with the enamels and copper. You can get some interesting effects. I really like the middle one which was a mistake as I left it in the kiln too long.

 
 
I had a nice surprise too. I told everyone that I made glass beads and they said to bring them in and show them, which I did. Ending up selling £75 worth and then when I got home had a sale on Etsy for £45. I am sooo chuffed! What a great weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...