Saturday 30 June 2012

Blog catchup

I have to admit I have been a bit re-miss in my blog postings recently, so it's time for a catch-up.

I haven't done masses of beadmaking as I have been making some jewellery. I have also been making some beads for a secret bead swap, which means I can't show them on here otherwise the person who received them will know it was me!

As you can see I am still obsessed with spacers and trying to perfect my hollows with a 3mm hole.

You might find this interesting. When I made my 3d petal murrini on Astrid Reidals workshop, the end of the murrini looked like it might make a nice pendant. Now this is something I haven't done before as I had to anneal it in the kiln and then when it was hot re-introduce it into the flame and hope it didn't shatter all over the place. Luckily it didn't and I mananged to make a reasonable shape and a hole to hang it with using Sally Carvers special tool.


More spacers, more hollow beads and an attempt at a foxglove flower.


We have a lovely display of foxgloves in our garden, all self seeded. I wanted to have a go at making one but it was quite difficult so I only made the one.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...