Thursday 27 December 2012

Merry Christmas

I know it's a bit late but Christmas Wishes to all my blog readers.

I've not been idle over Christmas. I've been adding some items to my Etsy store so please have a look.

I made these beads a while ago and have been wanting to make them into a necklace. I finally got round to it and am quite pleased with the results. The copper rings are by Faith Bowman. The silk ribbon was from Ebay and is a perfect match to the beads.

 
 
It's monthly challenge time on Frit Happens. The colour for this month is Effetre transparent Olive and I couldn't summon up much inspiration but came up with this tube bead which would make a great focal for a necklace and is for sale in my Etsy store.
 
 

The theme challenge is the 60's. I was thinking flower power, psychedelic colours etc. I decided to go with psychedelic colours and pattern and thought I might have a play with spreading colours. For those of you who are not lampworkers some glass colours react with others in strange ways. Some spread and some contract. I also decided I would use my tab press and was quite pleased to discover that I could fairly accurately gauge how much glass was needed to fill the press as the bead needed to be created before it was pressed - no glass could be added later.

I had a few attempts before I was pleased with the colour mix but the results are quite pleasing.

Also available for sale in my Etsy store.

Thanks for looking.

Linda
x

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...