Thursday 6 September 2012

Autumn is coming

I love this time of year. Sunny days with a freshness to the air and an occasional crunch underfoot as the odd leaves start turning and falling.

The Monthly Theme Challenge on Craft Pimp this month is Autumn.

I started making some beads with Reichenbach Silver Brown and some of Kaz's murrini. Two of them came out this lovely colour, the other three were a murky browny green colour. I etched them to see what they would look like and then decided to make a set inspired by the colours in the murrini. Effetre Coral 420 and Dark Yellow 412, Lt Zucca 425 and Dark Zucca 426CIM Olive and Dirty Martini and Reichenbach Deep Black.

I really enjoyed making this set. Those of you who have been following my blog will know that these colours are very unusual for me. I also have a problem doing random so this set is a big achievement.

I love the etched disc shaped beads which I have been seeing around quite a bit lately from other lampworkers.


I was working on the allotment today and realised that our lovely squashes reminded me of the colours of the beads I had made so I took at photo.



Linda
x

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...