Wednesday 21 October 2015

Art Bead Scene October Monthly Challenge

So I did it! Yesterday I posted about how I had decided not to make jewellery any more but that I missed it. I had some inspiration to do the October Monthly Challenge over on the Art Bead Scene Blog. I've also done some experimenting with different layout and backgrounds after reading a fab blog post the other day that I can't find now - sorry. I found some cheap tatty books in a charity shop to play with.

Here is the necklace I made 'Midnight Wing'.  I hope you like it.


 



Which background do you like best?

I selected some Czech glass, ceramic beads, peanuts, yummy freshwater pearls, sari silk, Vintaj brass and chain all from Smitten Beads (my go to place for beads and findings). I used the headpin and ring bead that I made the other day and also layer up a vintaj brass flower with one of my lampwork daisies that I had in my stash and a little bead cap to complete the look. The sari silk was woven through the chain, I love this look and used to use it a lot in my designs.

It's now available for sale in my webstore: http://www.earth-shine.co.uk/product/midnight-wing-handmade-artisan-necklace
I also made a pair of earrings. I had this pair of gold wings that I thought were perfect for the theme. I painted them with orange and green patina and then teamed them together with a pair of my own lampwork beads. Finished off with a pair of Czech glass beads wire wrapped onto brass earwires.


They are available for sale here: http://www.earth-shine.co.uk/product/terracotta-and-green-wing-earring-pair

I was also inspired to have a go at making a couple of pairs of headpins in transparent amber and green. Shaped in the flame to resemble wings.



They are available for sale in my Etsy store. https://www.etsy.com/uk/shop/Earthshinebeads

Thanks for looking.

Linda x

4 comments:

  1. Interesting contrast of light and dark beds on the necklace. It grabs the eye and pulls it to the lovely wing. Very nice job.
    I also like your earrings. They have just the right touch as do the headpins you made
    Mona

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thankyou very much for taking the time to comment Mona x

      Delete
  2. Lovely piece! Congrats on winning!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...