Wednesday 26 October 2011

Lampwork Beads

Back in the summer I visited a few artists during the Open Studio weekend. I turned up to a bungalow in Cowes and followed the signs round to the back garden where there was this cute little house made of wood. I was welcomed in and there was this lady called Anna who was busy making glass beads. I was the only person there as it was quite early in the morning but she was happy to explain what she was doing and I was fascinated. I asked whether she did tuition but unfortunately she didn't.

She has a website http://www.littlehousejewellery.co.uk/ and I see that she has won a competition recently with these georgeous blown glass beads.


I decided that I would really like to have a go at this hobby so I did some research and found out that a lady called Becky Fairclough from Chameleon Designs was doing tution not far from where my mum lives. So I booked a 2 day beginners course which would provide all I needed to know to start the hobby at home if I liked it.

Becky has a wesbite http://www.chameleondesigns.co.uk/ and has a very unique style. I will write some more and post some pictures in a later post.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...