Sunday 17 March 2013

Earring Challenge Reveal 5 (weeks 9-10/52)

I'm sorry I've not been posting much lately. It's not that I haven't been doing anything - the opposite. I have been busy making beads and jewellery with my Blog Party Bead Soup but I can't show you because the reveal date is April 13th - so you will just have to be patient.

It's that reveal time again for the AJE Earring Challenge, comes round so quickly.

Week nines pair of earrings were made using components from one of my favourite suppliers Faith Bowman of Abyjem. Faith makes the most gorgeous jewellery and components. I used some of her triangle dangles and brass earwires together with my lampwork spacer beads in Effetre Dark Lavender glass and  a couple of matching crystals. Effetre Dark Lavender is becoming an increasingly rare glass to get hold of due it it's high precious metal content. Fortunately I have quite a large stash.

Next up is this pair of Earrings made with Reichenbach Silver Brown glass. This is a glass I have yet to find all of it secrets. Sometimes I get amber with shades of green and sometimes a hint of purple - more practice needed. I love the shape my ornate bead roller from Pegasus Lampwork Tools gives me.


I recently joined a subscription bead club called The Curiosity Club setup by The Curious Bead Shop on Etsy. These cute little leaves were in my first pack and I couldn't resist matching them with these beads. The brass findings were from Smitten Beads.

These earrings are up for sale in my new jewellery store EarthshineJewellery on Etsy. More about that another time. Here is the link: https://www.etsy.com/listing/126238299/a-pair-of-handmade-lampwork-glass if you are interested in buying the lavender pair please email me.

Hope you like them and thanks for looking.

Linda
x

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...