Monday 28 January 2013

The Birth of Venus (Boticelli)

I am so excited as this year I will be attending the annual event known as 'The Gathering' which is held this year Rochester which is in the state of New York, USA.

The ISGB who host the event have a competition of which the theme for this year is 'Renaisance'. I had a mind to enter and did some research and came up with this lovely image of Boticelli's The Birth of Venus.



I've not done much in the way of sculptural work before but I like a challenge and these are my efforts.

My first was the one on the left. I was really pleased with the hair colour. The one in the middle with the long legs was my last attempt. As you can see her legs got too cold and cracked.

Unfortunately one of the conditions on the competition is that you have to make 75 of these beads if you win, something I decided I wouldn't be able to do and so gave up.

The first one is now available for sale, click on the image to buy.

Thanks for looking.

Linda
x

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...