Thursday 2 January 2014

Happy New Year

Hello everyone, I hope you have all have had a lovely time over Christmas and are looking forward to 2014. This year is going to be an exciting one for me as I can now devote most of my time to making beads and jewellery.

I am trying to work out how to structure my day, when to make beads, photograph them, list them and when to make jewellery etc, it's not easy, especially when it is so cold out in my studio at the moment. I'm slowly stripping the wallpaper in the room that is going to be my new studio but it's slow going.

I have started thinking about beads for Valentine's Day and spring which is just around the corner.

I made some heart headpins but couldn't decide what to make with them.

Then I came up with the great idea of offering them to 4 people of the Smitten Beads Facebook group that I belong too and see what they can come up with. I will be writing a magazine article with the results and will no doubt post them here too.

If you would like to have a go at making some earrings with them I now have them for sale in my Etsy store. These are on copper wires so that they can be antiqued if preferred. Click on picture to go to listing.

https://www.etsy.com/uk/listing/174196370/pair-of-handmade-lampwork-glass-red?ref=shop_home_active
I've also been playing with stringer work and flowers. All of these beads are now available in my store.

Thanks for looking.

Linda
x

2 comments:

  1. Those headpins are sweet, just like Valentine's candy, Linda... can't wait to see what your group creates. Love the assorted art beads as well!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can't wait to see what they make either Monique. Glad you like them x

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...