Thursday 1 November 2012

Days tuition with Helen Gorrick

I'd booked a place on the Unikal Glass Design course at Mango Beads in Devon and decided to combine my trip with a days tuition with Helen Gorrick of Helen G Beads. I had met Helen a couple of times and purchased a couple of her beads as I am a big fan. I love the preciseness of her beads and this is what I wanted to learn from her.

I really wanted to add some pictures of Helen's here but I couldn't manage it so here is a link to her slideshow on Flickr.

http://www.flickr.com//photos/glasslampworkbeads/show/with/6338382860/


These are the beads that Helen showed me how to make during the day and I got to keep. My Mum wanted a light pull for her bathroom so I got Helen to make one for me.


I'm ashamed to say I only made 2 beads. I like to watch, learn and then have a play in my own time.

These two came out pretty well though.

Doesn't look like a lot but we spend a lot of time chatting.

I would highly recommend Helen as a tutor if you are interested in starting in lampwork or improving your skills.

Unikal course coming up next.

Linda
x

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...